Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's business time

I am hoping that during the month of November there will be a lot more activity here. I've decided that a year of planning and dithering is enough and NaNoWriMo is the perfect excuse to cut loose with writing and not worrying over every tiny detail.

As I have mentioned everywhere else I've announced that I am participating in NaNoWriMo, I would beg for encouragement and support and pestering. I should be writing an average of 1,667 words a day and that's a big task.

But I am looking forward to it. Expect the new opening scene on Nov 1. I think I finally got it.

7 comments:

  1. How come I don't see any NaNoWriMo excerpts here? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. *poke*

    How's this going?

    Hope you haven't let this fall by the wayside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Elfi - I hope I replied to you back in November through other means. Otherwise, uh, I'm a jerk and I am sorry. NaNo was very much not for me.

    @Chas - I spent some time recently feeling vaguely guilty that I was working on writing something else. But this did prompt me to take a look at what I did get out of NaNo and it's not as godawful as I recall thinking it was at the time.

    Anyhow, it's not completely by the wayside. But it's also not a real priority for me just now.I guess I fail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool, priorities change.

    What's the other thing you're working on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm working on this really fluffy bit of romance. I'm a bit horrified, but it wouldn't leave me alone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, nothing wrong with that, fluffy romance is cool. The snotty attitude fantasy readers have to romance really bugs me - I mean when you get right down to it genre fiction is genre fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. True enough. Romance has just never been a genre that I've personally wanted to muck about in. I enjoy romance more as a sub-plot than the main point, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete

Constructive criticism welcome. However, I am not looking to have anyone point out every grammatical error. I know they exist and I just can't care about those while trying to write.